The Digital Ecosystem
Over the last 5 years I have concentrated on a mix of essential dealership initiatives. Over time, dropping specific aspects and re-evaluating, finally I came up with a cycle I like to call the “Digital Eco System”.
The Digital Eco System if deployed correctly, with a focused, aggressive plan should make up for the loss of walk in traffic we are all missing these days. It wouldn't be a suprise to see a 30% increase in retail sales growth!
Website: Looking for perfection here!
- Mobile strategy is a must! Adaptive/Responsive
- Content game plan. Be the EXPERT! People are begging for good information.
- All the basics… Good-looking “Staff Page”, updated specials, simple layout, etc. There is a ton of info about “Perfecting Your Website” all over the web.
- Even more important is the next point…
Merchandising: The sun, water and earth of the ecosystem!
- This IS your website, the reason you are in business…Wait… are those stock photos? Would you put cardboard cut outs of your new cars in the showroom? ‘Nuff said!
- 30 – 45 pictures, 200-word story, walk around video…
- It is ESSENTIAL that your VDP is better than your competitor if you want a chance!
SEM: Search Engine Marketing. All facets.
- Facebook Advertising! It’s great. Get on board.
- AdWords – Dynamically pulled from your DMS
- Search, Display, Retargeting, Pre Roll.
- This is the lowest hanging fruit. It’s not cheap but it works and is imperative for a healthy Eco System.
Reputation Management: Advocates will drive business to your front door!
- Dealer Rater, Yelp, Google Reviews, Facebook Reviews, the list goes on!
- Pick a few and dive in…HARD. This needs a process, and some TLC.
- People judge your entire brand by your reviews.
CRM/Lead Management: Forget everything else if you don’t get this down first.
- 90 – 120 day follow up.
- Dedicated/devoted E-Lead reps (Or Sales Staff that care…)
- Video follow up.
- VDP – PDF Brochure
Budget/Calendar: Stay on track and optimize the budget to SAVE money and deliver better results!
- Detailed budget
- Media Calendar
- Follow closely
These 6 ecosystem elements are key components I believe are important to deliver a full circle, digitally concentrated plan. Execute with focus and don’t leave any ingredients out!
What components do you think im missing? Anything you wouldn't have in your ecosystem?