Industry leader spotlight on ##r_first_name## ##r_last_name## exploring unexpected territories.
As you know, each week here on DrivingSales, we feature an industry leader and share some progressive ways they are finding success. This week, we are excited to introduce you to ##r_first_name## ##r_last_name## from ##r_company## who has inspired some interesting trends in the industry.
Innovation is about staying ahead of the curve, and ##r_first_name##
is leading the way with a strategy rarely talked about, and that’s why we thought it was so important to cover. ##r_first_name##
is actually blazing trails by creating a newspaper department for the BDC. This seemed absurd when we first received the tip for this story, but when you give it some thought, this idea actually has legs.
Think about these compelling reasons why this strategy CAN work:
1. Newspaper subscription levels are at an all time low. Those subscribers left are proven to be extremely loyal.
2. Thanks to budget cutbacks, the papers’ editorial coverage has shrunk, meaning your ad takes up a larger percentage of the real estate that the loyal readers see.
3. As more dealers get involved in pay per click marketing the cost is skyrocketing; newspapers, on the other hand, are on the verge of bankruptcy, so their costs are dropping.
4. Newspapers reach older people who don’t use the Internet; thus, you don’t have to price your cars as aggressively.
5. Since Al Gore invented the Internet, and global warming is on the rise, I’m pretty sure he will unplug it soon.
6. Even if he doesn’t, there still a good chance the Internet is just a fad. Newspapers are prepared for the comeback.
While there is a trend in the industry to get back to the basics, I personally think ##r_first_name## is taking things a bit far. However, this is serious business for ##r_first_name## who is putting lots of dealership muscle behind this niche market.
If you are looking for more information, ##r_first_name## is preparing to present the strategy at an industry conference. The session is titled “Advanced Newspaper strategies for Newbies” something I certainly don’t want to miss.
Speaking of missing out… if you haven’t caught on yet, its April Fools Day and if you are seeing your name in the post its because you have a friend, ##s_name## who has punked you pretty good with a little help from us here at DrivingSales. We suggest you spread April fools day love too and play a little joke on your friends too.
Simply insert your friend’s name below and we will send an email inviting them to read this weeks “Industry Leader Spotlight article” about them. They will get a special link to the blog post that changes the names in the story just for them.
Smile! Isn’t the auto industry great?!
We’d love to hear your reactions in the comments below.
Happy April Fools day from us at DrivingSales.