It's been a while since I blogged for this site. I've been busy trying to remain "economically viable' and with "other blogs" and side projects. It's good to be back.
I want to invite all of you attending the Digital Dealer Conference in Sin City to the Kbb.com booth. Please come by and shake my hand or introduce yourself if you don't know me. I want to personally thank everybody who visits this site and of course reads these blogs! ;)
I figured I'd throw out a couple of bullet point musings before the show. Just free thinking and letting it flow.
- GM and Chrysler need to go BK already! Seriously. This is now ridiculous. Re-structure and get out of the news. Your'e dragging everybody down with you.
- The Car Business needs to adapt and realize we are a "Savings Based Economy" now and the 15-17Million Retail Mindset is gone for at least the next 5 years.
- Advertising in the newspaper "because it's cheaper or 1/4th of the cost of what it used to be" is not prudent media buying.
- Print is dead !! Or at least it is for anybody under 25 years of age. How many of these people are 'IN MARKET CAR SHOPPERS"? Hint...MANY!
- If you don't think Impressions are Valuable, or understand how to buy them, please call me ASAP!
- Pay for Performance is coming from all Digital Media Publishers. Some are more ready than others to deliver it. Are you ready to and capable of understanding how to Buy it?
- The economy will not recover (regardless of what CNBC tells you)until home prices stabilize in all of North America.
- Should you really be spending all that money on Classified Sites when you can index your inventory on all the Major Search Engines for 1/20th of the cost?
- Have you created an identify for yourself on the all of the Automotive Social Media sites? If not, why? Do it yesterday!
I really look forward to meeting some of you this weekend. I'm sure there is much to discuss.
As crazy as it sounds, there has never been a more exciting time in our business. We are in the midst of a DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION and couldn't be better positioned. Remember that when you think your job sucks or you can't convince a Dealer to believe you or your mindset.
Safe travels and supreme success!