December is here, which means the holidays are right around the corner. When we think of Christmas, several things come to mind, one of them being good ol’ Saint Nicholas—or Santa for short.
The holidays are the perfect time to appeal to consumers and find innovative ways to bring in-market shoppers into your dealership. A simple way to attract more business is to employ some fun and festive ideas throughout the season to show shoppers you appreciate them and are working hard to earn their business. There are several ways your dealership can spread the joy of the season—much like the jolly old elf himself—without packing on holiday pounds or wrangling a herd of reindeer. Check out our best tips below:
- Be jolly. The holidays are a bustling and happy time, and shoppers are likely more upbeat. Be sure to encourage your dealership’s employees to get in the holiday spirit and spread the joy.
- Play Christmas tunes. A survey done by LifeWay Research shows 70% of Americans find Christmas music enjoyable, and other research backs this up, confirming shoppers prefer listening to holiday tunes while shopping.
- Provide snacks. Santa generally enjoys a nice glass of milk and some cookies at each stop, and although that may not be the snack you want to provide, offering food of some sort is always a good incentive.
- Give gifts. Probably the strongest pointer you can take from Santa is that of gift giving. If your dealership offers giveaways or small gifts to those who visit, you’re providing consumers with a major reason to come see you instead of your competitors.
- Deck the halls. Make sure your dealership reflects the holiday season by decorating your showroom floor and even your lot. This creates a sense of holiday spirit and makes your dealership more noticeable to those passing by, which can catch the eye of new customers in the market for vehicles.
- Provide an experience. Santa offers a fun, upbeat Christmas experience for children during the holiday season. By creating an overall holiday experience in your dealership, you’ll create a festive environment for your consumers and their families, offering them more incentive to stay and shop.
- Hire Santa. Parents and families are always looking for great places to visit Santa. When he’s at your dealership ready to receive kids’ holiday wishlists, it could be the reason your dealership is chosen for a visit—as well as a shopping trip for the parents.
- Offer sales. Santa is sure to get some of his toy-making supplies and gifts during some of the best sales of the year, and if you want more customers to end up buying their holiday gifts off your lot, you’ll need to provide awesome deals, too.
- Get involved. Santa is someone you always see out in the community during Christmastime. A great way to get noticed and to show consumers you care about your community is by getting involved, helping out local charities and families, or even holding an event that people can participate in to give back to the community.
- Make a list and check it twice. The holidays are busy, and the best way to make sure things continue smoothly is to stay organized and plan ahead. Schedule posts, use a marketing calendar, communicate with employees, and utilize the organizational systems that work best for your dealership.
The holiday season is one of the busiest times of the year and being more like Santa can drastically benefit your dealership this season. If you give back a little, create a festive atmosphere, offer some great sales, and overall, provide a happy holiday to your shoppers, your dealership will be looking forward to a great New Year.