Demonstrate Your Relevance
Your dealership provides the product consumers are looking for, so it’s important to be an online presence and take consumers’ mobile and virtual journeys with them. By doing this and demonstrating to mobile-driven shoppers your dealership is available throughout every step of their research, not only will you be more visible, but you’ll also be more likely to end up as the dealership of choice when it’s time for them to buy.
Five Major Reasons You Need to Keep Up with Mobile Users
- Consumers are primarily mobile. Over the past couple years, the number of global users on mobile has surpassed the amount on desktop. In order to appeal to the majority of consumers, it’s important your dealership has an online, mobile-friendly presence via social media platforms and a website.
- Consumers research on mobile devices. 80% of consumers do their research via mobile devices. It’s important your dealership’s website and features are available across all devices so consumers feel at ease and aren’t tempted to go elsewhere when browsing your website and gaining their information.
- Consumers constantly switch between mobile devices. 67% of consumers move between devices while shopping online. It’s important to make sure your dealership’s website is available and viewable across all devices––smartphones, tablets, and computers.
- Consumers’ buying trends are increasing on mobile. 80% of consumers also use their mobile devices to shop. This means the large majority of consumers are completing purchases or finalizing purchases this way, too. In order to keep up with your consumers, it’s important your dealership has viewable inventory and purchase options or real-time interactions available to shoppers when they’re searching.
- Consumers are researching on mobile devices while on your lot. 63% of them, to be exact. We call this showrooming. In order to keep up with consumers who are looking for more information, even while in your dealership, be open and innovative by:
- Arming your salespeople with mobile devices to interact with consumers.
- Offering your own distraction via in-house screens and providing information on your products.
- Having the best deals. When consumers are showrooming, they’re looking for the best deals and the best products. Make sure your customers know about your incentives, low prices, and deals when they’re available.
Mobile is taking over in just about every industry, whether for research, buying, or simply to gain initial feedback to begin shopping. It’s important to continue making yourself available online, viewable via all devices, and present across social media platforms so consumers find you and end up completing their journeys at your dealership. While the mobile journey may seem removed from your dealership, it’s key to remember it actually offers you a great opportunity to create new and unique connections with consumers before they set foot onto your lot. It’s a chance to build relationships, engage in meaningful dialogue, and gain the trust that’s needed to let shoppers know you’re the dealership for them.
Gain an edge in the mobile-driven marketplace by embracing consumer shopping and research preferences—and offer up your expertise and knowledge on the platforms where they enjoy interacting. By doing this, you’ll gain valuable insights, and you’ll build relationships with shoppers who are looking toward mobile for their product information.