Find out why over 1,200 dealers have already made the switch to Auto/Mate and experience the DMS that does business differently. LEARN MORE
As the end of 2014 is near, here are 3 ideas for sales people to finish the year strong.
1. Be a SOLUTION and not just a salesperson
In order to solve a problem you have to understand it. Understanding comes from asking better quality questions. You need to know not just WHAT customers are looking for and HOW they will be using it, but WHY they are in the market and WHY they are considering this particular vehicle. When you know the "WHY" the HOW to sell them gets easy.
Asking WHY questions is all about uncovering motivations (and you don’t even need to use the word ‘why’ in your questions)
2. Add MASSIVE value by SELLING instead of TELLING
Facts tell, but stories sell! During your walk-around presentation of the vehicle make sure to paint a picture that includes mental ownership language as part of the A.F.F.B.A. strategy:
• Ask – How familiar are you with … (name feature)
• Feature – This vehicle is equipped with (name feature) you are looking for.
• Function – What it does for you is … (describe how it works)
• Benefit – Why this is important to you is … (match the benefit to their personal situation/goal)
• Alternative – Compare having (feature) to not having (feature) while you are … (paint picture)
3. Practice ISOLATING objections rather than IGNORING them
Most objections are merely concerns or reflex statements when first stated. Isolating objections is done by using language that minimizes and separates the objection rather than ignoring it.
Try these 3 ideas to finish the year strong!