1,000 dealers share their thoughts about chat, text and messaging in general...and how these communications pay off. SEE HOW
Is your website tablet friendly? Well, it should be, A new forecast from eMarketer predicts the number of U.S. tablet users will more than double this year from 33.7 million to nearly 70 million. It seems like the desktop is going the way of the floppy disk and in order to stay within current trends, I've gathered some tips for you to make your dealership’s website tablet friendly.
1. Increase the size and margin for buttons and calls-to-action. The average width of the index finger for most adults translates to about 45-57 pixels. Why make your visitor work harder to find and tap the “Get Quote” button?
2. Ensure links and calls-to-action look tap-able without hover states. Hover states do not exist on a tablet. Style your text links to use a clear, contrasting color. And don’t be afraid to use underlines for the default link state.
3. Increase font sizes for legibility. Bumping up your font sizes by a couple pixels can make a difference. A little goes a long way.
4. Increase padding around navigation menu items. Padding is also known as the spacing around a specific item on your site. Padding keeps any text from bumping up directly next to menu items and thus the call-to-action will stick out more. Try increasing padding by 5-10 pixels to start—or more, if your design allows.
5. Increase margins on pages and content blocks. This improvement supports overall legibility and reduces visual complexity. Increased “white space” can result in the impression that your website’s content is easier to consume, as compared to a website with crowded content.
6. Increase form field size and spacing. Make it easier for your visitors to tap and enter information into form fields. Improvements to your forms may make the greatest impact to your conversion rate.
If you want to see examples of these tips in action, go here. The author does an amazing job of illustrating each and every step. I promise it’s easy! If you have additional tips you would like to share, feel free to do so in the comment section below!