We all know that just having a website, no matter how great, is not enough to make sales in the automotive industry. LEARN MORE
An in-depth report based on interviews with 250,000 customers of more than 250 dealerships tells us customers most often walk without buying because we wandered off or away from our Road to the Sale.
We’d like to believe customers’ excuses for not buying – “It’s not in my budget” or “I'll be back tonight with my wife" – but the facts say differently.
A report by an Unsold Research Call Center found that 27% of customers who left without buying did so for reasons within dealership management control. Ouch!
Here’s what real customers said about why they left a dealership without buying:
• Rude and disrespectful treatment by sales personnel
• Sales staff not being knowledgeable about product or
• Appointments not kept by the proper sales staff member that customer was expecting to meet with
• Condescending attitude and not working directly with or talking to a female when a male was present with her
• Not being respectful of customers’ time by back and forth communication with sales desk manager
• Manager who took a turn seen by the customer as rude or too pushy and lacking empathy
Without commitment to (and accountability for) following your Road to the Sale with every up, the entire sales process falls apart. How is yours? Here’s what research tells us are the most frequent missteps:
· The product presentation
· The demo drive
· The service introduction and walk
· The manager TO interview
Take detours on this road at your own risk. Want to know more about improving sales, be-backs and decreasing third-party leads, click for the report, “An Auto Dealer’s Guide to Outselling the Competition.”