While in San Diego at Online Marketing Summit 2010
I heard a simple yet revealing fact. The “Thank You” email you send the customer after they submit a lead or for an appointment with your dealership will have the highest open rate of anything you send that customer.
This shouldn’t come as a revelation to anyone, and it didn’t to me until they said “Make the most of it”. I started visualizing all the thank you emails I have designed, written and received in my head and thought “My god, what a waste of a high value contact and a great opportunity for further engagement”.
Conversion Rate Optimization today is all about engagement, the more engaged the customer the higher the possibility for conversion. For you dealership conversion in this case means the sale. The more you can get the customer to engage with your online property the higher your chances of getting that appointment and closing the sale. Engagement leads to trust and trust lead to the sale, when done properly. With that said here are 6 things you can do with a “Thank you” email that will encourage further engagement.
1. Suggest other like vehicles in your inventory. Customers like choice give it to them. Link them to those vehicles in your inventory don't be static. Good to suggest cars to look at or new models for service appointment “thank you” too
2. Join our Facebook Fan Page, Twitter List or Online Community and receive special offers and notifications
3. Link to your blog
4. Link to your YouTube How To video channel
5. SMS Short Code to join our SMS notifications – this is an opt-in mechanism and you should include a value add coupon.
6. White Paper “How to buy a car”, “What to look for when buying a used car” or “What does regular maintenance to my car mean to my pocket book?”
Let’s hear you ideas for “Thank You” further engagement.
Larry Bruce (@pcmguy)