Hint: It involves implementing a digital retailing strategy with messaging woven into it. And we’ve got a guide to help you make it work. SEE HOW
My last post was about a common myth about search engines: "Search Engines Love Video"
Search engines don't love video, they love popular websites. YouTube is one of the most popular websites there is and it has a very high Google Page Rank. So any content created on the site stands a good chance to rank well in the search engines. Simply putting a video on a webpage alone doesn't make google love it.
"Video SEO" is really using video to create content on YouTube. There are two main reasons every dealership in the country should use YouTube:
1. YouTube is the 2nd most popular search engine there is. It gets more searches daily than Yahoo, MSN, Ask and all others except for Google. So there are a lot of users searching for virtually anything. You need to get your products and your dealership in front of those millions of users. Luckily YouTube will let you do it FOR FREE.
2. Posting videos on YouTube has some intrinsic indirect SEO benefits. Listing videos on YouTube is not going to create more direct traffic to your website. What it will do is give you a chance to get good penetration in the search engines for long tail key phrases and other phrases that you post videos for. Search engines will drive traffic to your videos on YouTube which will then in turn drive more traffic to your dealership.
What kind of videos should you post on YouTube?
1. Videos about your dealership. Give your current and potential customers a glimpse of your showroom, service department, parts department, and more. Highlight your history, what separates you from your competition, and anything else that would be relevant about your dealership.
2. Your TV commercials. This is probably the easiest thing to do. Get a digital copy of your commercials from your ad agency and upload them to YouTube. You never know, they could be the next viral video sensation on the Internet!
3. Videos of your inventory. As you take photos of your vehicles and prepare them to sell online, add to that process by taking a quick video of your vehicles. If this process seems technically challenging, a product like VinCamera from VinSolutions can make it simple.
4. Anything else you can dream up! Interviews of your staff, video of the hot dogs you give away on busy saturday afternoons, video of your special Mustang club that gets together every month. Anything is possible!
Now of course you should also post all these videos on your website where they appropriately fit in.
You can also include all your videos on YouTube right on your website like so:
Posting links on your website back to your YouTube videos will help cement to the search engines that the videos are important and will improve their performance in the search engines.
You can also use all this video content as part of your internet and BDC department. You can use your ILM/CRM system to email videos to your customers. For example, send an email to your sold customers with a video about your service department and their scheduled maintenance that needs to be performed. Anything is possible!
For more information visit