In my last blog entry, I listed the key objectives that all dealership personnel should keep at the forefront of their minds, particularly your sales team. That was the "10,000 foot view," the high level. Now I'm going to get down to the 10-foot view with very detailed, tactical objectives. The following is Check Lists that your Internet sales reps should be checking off daily. ISMs I work with find that by dating, checking off, and initialing these lists, they stay focused on the key things they need to do in order to be successful.
Daily Check List
1. __ Answer all Urgent Emails in ILM/CRM, follow sales process in place, preferably LIFO (Last in first out).
2. __Visit dealership website online. Make sure you are open for business on website. Submit test leads, alternating sources, such as Contact Us, pre-owned vehicle lead, new vehicle lead, etc.
3. __ Visit your Pre-Owned site for accuracy of data: car images, specials, pricing, links, and phone number. Then submit a test lead.
4. __ Visit New Vehicles section, and do the same as above.
5. __ Log on to manufacturers' ILM site, if you have one. In most cases, where youhave one, it is a part of your dealer certification requirements.
6. __ In ILM/CRM, mark sold and enter gross profit. Make sure to sync w/DMS.
7. __Visit your manufacturer's retail site. Check links to your dealership. Submit an inquiry with your dealership's business Zip code and DMA.
8. __ Visit vendor websites — trying a different vendor each day, i.e. AutoUSA, then Dealix, then Dealer.com, Cobalt, etc. Send test leads, and make sure you are receiving leads. Make sure your ILM/CRM is up to date with leads' return email addresses.
9. __ Test your outgoing emails to your personal or test email accounts, including Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.
10. __ If you find any issues, send an email to your vendor (so you have it in writing), cc-ing your GM or ID, and immediately follow up with a phone call. If the issue is not resolved in 24 hours, re-send the email, and cc you GM or ID. They should take it from there.