We all know that just having a website, no matter how great, is not enough to make sales in the automotive industry. LEARN MORE
The tribal wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that "When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
However, in government, education, and frequently in corporate culture including Dealerships, more advanced strategies is often employed, such as:
1. Buying a stronger whip “Great idea, just change the pay plan to get better results of course with same strategy”
2. Changing riders “Hire a new manager only to run the department according to current dealership’s philosophy and strategy”
3. Appointing a committee to study the horse “Appoint top Manager of the dealership or Group of dealerships only to study to see how this dead strategy work can work, let's see how we can make our current philosophy & strategy work”.
4. Arranging to visit other countries to see how other cultures ride horses “Let’s visit the peers of same Group who are employing the same strategy” LoosersClub.com
5. Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included “You know it is not working so let’s expect less from Sales, expect nothing from Parts and Service” now we are right on track.
6. Reclassifying the dead horse as living-impaired. “Internet is just a big Scam, it really doesn’t work. Very soon Auto industry will come to its senses and we will go back to our old fashion way making money hands over fist.” Really.
7. Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse. “Find the lowest cost outside consultant without dealership or dealer group experience. Consultant will take you to that frontier he has never been to”. Really! Together with your expenses. That is what you call "On the Job paid training for consultants".
8. Harnessing several dead horses together to increase speed “With that new and inexperienced automotive consultants. Implementing his recommended products and services to increase the consultant’s bottom line.
9. Providing additional funding and/or training to increase dead horse's performance “Have the same strategy just increase the budget. Vendors will get additional funding so they can bring Donuts, Coffee, Lunches, Dinners, Gifts and some games tickets. That is a great funding.
10. Doing a productivity study to see if lighter riders would improve the dead horse's performance. “ How about reducing the products, services and outsource work which is supporting the operations to see less work will get a better result with same strategy”
11. Declaring that as the dead horse does not have to be fed, it is less costly, carries lower overhead costs and therefore contributes substantially more to the bottom line of the business than do some other horses “You have a CRM or Web Site provider that you know are not doing what needs to be done but since it is substantially most expensive to have a new one in, so keep the lower cost services to save the bottom line."
12. Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all horses “Yes, we expect nothing! There will be nothing to disappoint about.” That is 100% increase immediately.
13. Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position. “Let’s implement this strategy across the Dealership or dealer group to become an internet store or an internet Group to see better results with the same strategy”.