Looking to improve your sales strategy and success? The Best Training Day Ever™ 2014 event, taking place on Jan. 24 in New Orleans, will feature industry experts, including Jeff Cowan of ProTalk, who specialize in a different segments of automotive retail. Each presenter will provide training ranging from service, sales, and communications to management, leadership, motivation, and business analytics. Jeff has shared some helpful tips of the trade that he learned that helped him find success in the industry. For more details on the Best Training Day Ever, please visit www.besttrainingdayever.com.
Tips for Dealership Sales Success from Expert Trainer Jeff Cowan
- Have pride in your team. Put effort into your appearance and wear your work shirt or uniform with as much pride as you would your favorite sports teams t-shirt or jersey. You’re being paid, just like an athlete, to proudly wear your teams’ colors.
2. Enthusiasm is the main ingredient to making a sale.
- The best way to start a relationship with a prospect is to be on time. If the prospect is buying a product that’s going to help them relieve some type of stress in their life, the service person being late only adds to that stress. Being on time tells your clients that you’re enthused, you’re ready, willing and gladly take on whatever their needs dictate.
- Never underestimate what a customer will pay. The top sales people find out what the prospects needs are and then present the best solution, regardless of price.
- Put family first. Being able to prioritize the truly important things will create balance. Let employees know that family comes first. There is no better motivator than to work for the well being of family.
- To increase revenue, invest in the people who have the biggest impact in your dealership – the service advisors.
- Do not ask permission to do a walk around the customer’s vehicle at the initial check in. Take control and demonstrate expertise by pointing out the good and the bad. You’ll create trust and opportunities to sell.
8.The art of selling retail is dead. Implement the basics:
- Professionally greet your customers
- Point out a “plus” about what you’re offering today
- Professionally present a solution to your customer’s request
- Always point out an “add on” sell, like detail, chrome wheels, Bluetooth technology, etc.
- Make the customer aware of an upcoming event
- If you want to add immediate impact and income to your earnings, become a “TO” or turnover sales master. Have a second person offer their expert option to help a customer decide and close the deal.
- Sell year round and don’t buy into “seasonal” service seasons. As long as your customers are driving their cars, they need maintenance, service and repairs, and good advisors sell to them year round.
* Jeff Cowan is the nation’s authority on training dealership service advisors and service support staff to increase sales revenues through time tested and proven sales techniques. He will be speaking on sales techniques to drive revenue at The Best Training Day Ever held on January 24 at The Roosevelt in New Orleans.