Sadly natural disasters are a risk for everyone no matter where your business or home is. So when disaster does strike, is your dealership prepared? Get ready for a natural disaster by implementing the following steps:
- 1. Assign a safety leader. This person will be responsible for all emergency dealership materials, including coordinating fire exercises, and evacuation strategies.
- 2. Set up an emergency protocol for employees. All employee telephones must have an emergency message service that will direct your employees regarding work and emergency services.
- 3. Employee protocol. Request that employees call in to let you know they’re safe.
- 4. Establish a work-from-home backup. Ask employees to set up home offices if possible. Invest in technology that allows you and your employee to stay in touch. Smart phones allow for business to be up and running even if the lot is out of commission.
- 5. Make a back-up policy. Instill a policy that ensures that your business files are backed up. An off-site server is recommended.
Realize that disasters do strike. Make sure that your employees understand your disaster preparedness plan for a first step towards future recovery.
Are your prepared for other levels of disaster in your dealership? Learn to develop a disaster preparedness plan with the KPA Dealer Webinar When Disaster Strikes – Will You Be Prepared?