Consumers are drowning with information online in their car buying journey. Learn what’s distracting your visitors, how to engage them and proven tactics to keep their attention. Download Storyboard
Like almost all other businesses, lead generation is a tough call for the ever changing automotive industry. With newer, fuel efficient, technologically advanced makes and models being launched by companies every now and then, many car dealers find it difficult to bring more consumers to their showrooms. An estimate put forward by a recent survey shows that just one out of every five individuals decide to buy once they have done their own research. This poses several questions to automotive marketing experts and those offering car dealer SEO services about what lead conversion tactics they should use to generate leads and boost sales. If you too are wondering about these aspects, here are some ways that can help you:
• Position your CTA correctly: Since most potential buyers do their research online these days, your ‘calls-to-action’ (CTA) should be positioned “above the fold”. This means that your CTA should be placed in such a way that a visitor to your site can see it without the need to scroll down. Several heat map analysis show that of all the viewers of your web page, only 50% view the matter placed below the fold. Thus, with proper positioning of your CTA, you can double the impressions they get. This will help boost your website leads and eventually increase online sales.
• Offer clarity about your products/services: Whether you want to offer free marketing tips or an online buyer’s guide to make someone sign up for your newsletter or plan to host a webinar on the recent models of cars that your showroom offers, make your CTA crystal clear. By being specific about what you are offering, you can get more hot leads, which would help boost your sales successfully.
• Don’t miss business calls: Did you know 97% of all calls to a car dealer are within office hours (usually between 8am and 6pm)? Data show Monday mornings to be the busiest time for calls. So, you should make sure that you have adequate staff and phone lines to answer and follow up these calls. If not, you should consider hiring virtual assistants. You may even set up call tracking and answering software that will let you pick up missed-call alerts and follow up on them. This way, you can avoid missing potential leads. You should also focus on efficient response management. Research shows that if their initial phone call isn’t answered satisfactorily, 18% of customers won’t buy from that car dealer. Again, 75% of potential buyers make a purchase within 48 hours of their initial calls. So, you should employ the best professionals to handle such calls to convert them into sales.
• Put effort into converting failed conversions and inactive users: From making phone calls to sending emails as well as text/video messages, you should use various digital marketing tools to spark the interest of these prospects towards your offerings.
• Use SEO tactics: Starting from using an SEO friendly website url, keyword-rich content on your website and across online advertisement sites like Craigslist, to keyword-driven PPC ads, posting business-specific hashtags and content on social media platforms, you should do everything that’s required for targeted digital marketing. You may even hire experienced and competent car dealer SEO services to increase online sales, especially if you aren’t confident of handling all these things on your own.
There are many other marketing ideas that can help you get leads and convert them into sales. However, the aforesaid ones are a good way to get started and bring more traffic to your car dealership site, which would eventually help you boost your sales successfully.