Notifications & Messages

Jared Hamilton
From: Jared Hamilton
Hey - It’s time to join the thousands of other dealer professionals on DrivingSales. Create an account so you can get full access to the articles, discussions and people that are shaping the future of the automotive industry.
×
Scott Joseph

Scott Joseph CEO and President

Exclusive Blog Posts

How To Find A Reliable Auto Body Repair Shop

How To Find A Reliable Auto Body Repair Shop

Finding a reliable and professional auto body repair shop is not as easy as it sounds. Unfortunately not every mechanic or auto repair shop will have your …

The Gap In Email Success - Part 3

The Gap In Email Success - Part 3

Yes Lifecycle Marketing recently released a study about gaps in email marketing. Check out the other parts of the series here: Part 1, Part 2. &n…

Are Remote Workers Happier Than Office Employees?

Are Remote Workers Happier Than Office Employees?

Here are some interesting insights about remote employees vs. office employees. I know many positions within a dealership don't have the option of remo…

Why You Need a Better Goal for 2017 than Simply “Sell More Cars”

Why You Need a Better Goal for 2017 than Simply “Sell More Cars”

The real driver of vehicle sales isn’t your new online buying widget, it’s access to credit. So, if your dealerships only goal for 2017 is to “sell m…

Car Dealer Protocol for Vehicle Sales to Customers with Built-In Breathalyzers

Car Dealer Protocol for Vehicle Sales to Customers with Built-In Breathalyzers

Working in the automotive industry is a rewarding experience, particularly working for a dealership at the front line of customer service and sales.&nb…

Quick way to measure the real uplift your advertising creates or doesn't create.

We all know that if we did nothing with advertising – no TV, radio, direct mail or email, there would still be a percentage of people that buy from us. There are some that would buy because they know us from our location, from their friends, etc. Of course it is a little more complicated than that because almost everyone does some kind of advertising. In addition, there are times we experiment or try new approaches.

So the real question becomes when you try these different approaches...

What is the real uplift it creates? What is the actual increase in sales or profit generated as a result of your advertisement? That’s the answer we really need to know, isn’t it?

There is a simple way to measure your success with email and direct mail. Regardless if you use mass mailings, segmented lists or decide to use data analytics to nail down your target list, you can do this simple test. Take your email or mailing list and pull out a minimum of 10% and use it as a control. That 10% should not receive the advertisement you plan to send to the other 90%. The goal is to see the exact ROI of the 90% you advertise this specific ad to; compared to your 10% control list that receives your normal communication message. For sales, measure the ROI over a 30-day period. For service, you will want to measure for 45-60 days depending on your offer.

"We would have sold or serviced these people anyways." How many times have you made that comment?

Hundreds of elements can be measured with direct marketing communications. An email or mail list, headlines, offers and creative can all be measured and need to be isolated to know the true impact each element has. But, to know from an ROI standpoint - did this advertisement provide more sales and profit over and above what you normally would receive… start measuring against a control list.

Below is a link to a very basic study we did using this control method that you can easily apply yourself.  Click on this link and go to the image at the buttom of the blog.

http://jandlmarketing.squarespace.com/blog/2011/4/16/how-to-measure-the-real-uplift-your-advertising-creates-or-d.html 

 

 Unlock all of the community & features  Join Now