If your dealership isn’t implementing live video into your social media strategy, you should rethink that.
A new study by IBM and BrandLive shows by that by 2020, 82 percent of all internet traffic will be video based, and a growing percentage of that video traffic will be live video (like facebook live, instagram live, etc.)
According to their study, viewers stay tuned in eight-times longer when watching live video compared to on-demand video. On top of that, of the two hundred companies involved with this study, 25 percent stated live content is more of a top priority for them in 2018 than on-demand content. And nearly 95 percent say in general, sharing and using live video will be an important part of their marketing strategy.
There a few ways to go live on social media. The most popular are through Facebook and Instagram.
1. Go to the homepage of the account you want to go live from (It can be a personal page or company page)
2. On the left hand side of your screen, under your company name or personal name, you will see a button that either says “Post” or “Publish”
3. From there you will get a handful of options in a drop down menu, choose “Live Video”
4. You will get a screen that says “Tap to add a description”, there you can describe what your live video is about
5. Now look for the button at the bottom of the screen that will start the live video.
1. Go to your home page
2. Swipe your screen to the right
3. On the bottom of the screen you will see multiple options, choose “Live”
4. Follow the prompts to “Start Live Video”