The economy blows. It says so in every newspaper you open.
In this tough economy, fewer people are buying - and those that are buying are doing their homework. That means online research: making sure they're choosing the right car for their needs, at the right price, from a dealer they trust. The days of customers driving around to different dealerships to check out prices are long gone.
Search results can make or break you in this economy.
Here are five tips for your SEO campaign:
- Get local. Most people purchase within a 50 mile radius of where they live. Buy for local search. Include maps. Show people that you're nearby for a look.
- Don't just optimize your home page. A good SEO agency will try to bring people to your home page, but they'll also optimize the other pages in your site to improve results.
- Put your inventory to work. Each page of inventory should include title tags and META data. Each should occupy a unique URL, so that each page can rank independently. Imagine the results you’ll get if every single one of your cars shows up for a search term. If your SEO agency doesn’t know how to do this, find one that does.
- Check your results and adjust your SEO strategy. SEO is always evolving. Different terms may be the ones to get the best results. Make sure your agency provides you with analytics. Ask them what they’re doing to get you and keep you at the top of the rankings.
- Make sure your website is inviting. After all, if they get to your site and then can’t find what they need there, it’s a totally wasted effort. Inviting also means the overall feel should generate trust. Take a good look at your site and see: would you buy from you? Why? Now more than ever, this needs to be defined and addressed on every page of your site.
Take a good look at your own site for the five points above. Rate your site with 0-20 points for how well you do on each point. That’s your effectiveness percentage. And in this market, anything below 80% is asking for trouble.
How well did YOU do?