Are you under pressure from your DMS to enter into a contract that you are unsure about? Find a DMS who can step in and help you gain control over your current situation and enable you to improve customer satisfaction and dealership profits. DOWNLOAD
"Procees Is Profit!"... What a true and powerful statement, and one that applies to all dealership operations. If dealers don't have the right processes in place, and more importantly, follow each step of these processes 100% of the time, things will get overlooked, opportunities will be missed, and deals will get lost!
Question: What if dealers did not have the right process in place for remitting deals to lenders or service contracts to warranty companies?
Answer: They would not get paid!
The same holds true for hiring high performing sales consultants. If dealers don't have the right hiring process in place, they won't hire the right people with the necessary traits and skills to be successful in automotive sales, therefore deals will get missed, cars won't get sold and the dealer won't get paid! So begs the question... What is the right process for hiring high performing sales consultants? Below are a few steps that should be included in the hiring process:
1. Have a means of assessing a sales candidates abilities to be successful in automotive sales either before, during or immediately after the initial interview.
2. Know the right questions to ask in the first formal interview with the candidate.
Here are some great examples of First Interview questions:
3. Second interview questions (More in-depth).
Here are some great examples of Second Interview questions:
4. Reference Check. This is very important and should be done for each candidate you interview. The more we know about the candidate the better!
5. Risk Assessment. Being able to assess the risk of a candidate is vital and is not easily accomplished without knowing the right questions to ask yourself as a dealer or GM. Having an assessment tool can make this a much easier task.
Here are some examples of Risk Assessment questions:
In conclusion, the days of being able to fog a mirror are no longer a qualification for being a sales consultant. Now more than ever dealers must have an effective, consistent hiring process, effective hiring tools and quick, effective training tools.
If we can ever be of help to your dealerships hiring, retention or sales processes, please contact me anytime.
All The Best,
Hire The Winners