This article by John Quinones hits home with what dealers today need to survive from a mental perspective.
* * *
Strong minds understand that the mind must be exercised like a muscle and as the mind gains in strength it increases in value. As the mind increases in value it becomes stronger and sharper to be more creative and approach situations in a very positive manner always knowing it can always overcome negotiations within its self. Competition is within one’s own mind.
Everyone has heard, "come on Johnny you can do it!" All you have to do is set your mind to it.
Weak minds welcome compromise. Often you will be able to recognize by the response greeting you receive when you meet them. For instance you may ask “How are you?” The responses might be:
- "Can’t wait until Friday"
- "Can’t wait until 5:00 o’clock"
- "Hanging in there."
Weak minds are not happy with themselves so they settle for mediocrity.
Strong minds on the other hand welcome challenge and are always looking to claim victory. The question is, "Which one are you?" Are you going to give in or are you going to stand and fight?
It does not matter what you have done or accomplished in the past but more importantly what you do now and accomplish in your future. Sometimes we feel beaten up because of challenges and adversities we have faced in our lives. It is not what we do when times are good but more importantly what we do when times are bad. Are you going to head for the hills when things are tough or are you going to stand up and fight.
“Uncertainty” often creates doubt worry and confusion. The strong mind attacks uncertainty with great vengeance and strength. The strong know when uncertainty is overcome, victory is won, and that is the moment the strong truly live for.
When a sale is made and all the objections have been overcome the uncertainty is gone and victory is won! It is time to celebrate.
- Commit yourself to be a true Man or Woman of Valor. (Break through your fears and limitations)
- Be an outcome thinker (Live your dreams)
- Believe (Believe in yourself)
- Commitment (Commit to your outcome write it down and program it to your subconscious mind)
- Change your habits (Your habits may feel right but have the wrong outcome)
- Physiology (Positive Body Language)
- Peak State of Mind (Scale between 1-10 be a 10+)
- Harmony of your team (Commit to your new outcome and find willing helpers to help you along the way)
Man or Woman who say it can’t be done should not interrupt Man or Woman doing it. Make it Happen…
* * *
Read more about TK Carsites
on our Driving Sales Blog.