Ok, so maybe you've heard of a few of them, but these aren't the obvious ones like YouTube, Digg and Facebook. The point is your customers are using social networks everywhere they go. Its becoming a natural part of online behavior. Connecting with people on these niche social sites in a relevant manner may be more effective than the large networks that everbody is a part of. In the long tail of social networks its easier to figure out what interests your audience. So don't be affraid to migrate off Facebook and MySpace. It may require more of an effort to connect with people, but I'm will to bet ultimately conversions will be higher.
- Value Investing News: Share and learn from this stock market news site.
- Real Estate Voices: Offers an active real estate community of realtors, sellers, and more.
- Feed the Bull: Financial investors and stock market traders gather here to discuss and rate market news.
Shopping & Style
- iliketotallyloveit: Discover new products and share your favorites.
- Dealigg: Dealigg regularly features coupons, rebates and freebies online.
- Stylehive: The site features loads of visual bookmarks for fashion and more.
- Chictini: Allows users to discover, share, and buy chic designs.
- ThisNext: Offers a way for users to recommend, share, and find the next cool product they should buy.
- Kaboodle: Users can discover new items from similar shoppers, recommend products, and create shopping lists.
- ArmchairGM: Find an active social community and voting system.
- BallHype: This site features cutting edge sports news, allowing users to assign “hype” to them for popularity.
- Care2: Allows users to vote and get the word out about campaigns, petitions, and more.
- Gaia: This community is full of supportive, environmentally friendly, and socially conscious people.
- Fivelimes: For all things about green living
- Hugg: User-generated environmental news.
Art & Design
- Design Float: Use it to discover and submit stories aimed at freelance designers.
- Design Sites Up: Find design news and share your own.
- Ravelry: An invitation-only site that caters to the knit and crochet community.
- PhotographyVoter: Check out photography news, and images, and submit your own work on PhotographyVoter.
- Pixel Groovy: Offers the best of the web’s tutorials.
- DNHour: All about domain strategy, sales, and more.
- Hacker News: Full of all things hacking and web development.
- Slashdot: Shares the latest in tech and offbeat news.
- tweako: Find “collaborative computing” resources, including guides and tutorials.
- BloggingZoom: A great place for any blogger to promote their work.
- DZone: Full of useful news and links for Web developers.
- KillerStartups: Reviews 30 or more internet startups every day, and encourages members to vote on which one they think will succeed.
- PlugIM: Allows users to share news, projects, and stories about internet marketing.
- HubSpot: Find marketing posts to submit and share.
- Gooruze: Online marketing community, offering news, advice, and more. .
- Sphinn: Share your internet marketing knowledge with this community.
- Small Business Brief: Find and share the latest news and information for small businesses.
- ShowHype: Allows users to submit and vote on the latest in entertainment news.
- Video Bomb: For popular online videos.
- IMEEM: Both users and artists will find a place to share and discover new music, video, and photos.
- Wordsy: Book community where users share and discuss the latest news in the book world.
- Crackle: Watch videos, rate them, and network with other viewers.
- GamerDNA: Offers a great way for gamers to get together and share game notes, links, and more.
- Hey! Nielsen: Users can rate music, TV, movies, and more.
- VideoSift: Features all of the best videos online.
- Kirtsy: Serves up links submitted by women, for women.
- NewsHeat: Follow the candidates and promote your favorite political news.
- Fark: Read and share amusing stories.
- Blogs4God: Features the latest in Christian blogs.
- BlackPlanet: Vote on stories, style, and lots more.
- Yahoo! Buzz: Vote on the stories of the day.
- Meme or Lame: Allows users to submit and vote on gadgets of all kinds.
- AutoSpies: Discuss and vote on new cars, automobile articles, and more.
- Daytipper: Find and share useful tips and information.
- tipstrs: Users love to share helpful advice.