If you are an owner or general manager and aren’t seeing top-tier results from your Internet department, look at this list and see how many of these points are ‘in play’ at your dealership.
Internet departments fail because:
- Leads are not handled in a timely and consistent manner.
- There is a lack of a consistent and known process throughout your dealership that all staff follow on each and every lead.
- Internet customers are treated differently than your retail customers.
- Internet sales staff offer discounts before customer ever asks about price.
- Sales staff try to sell cars through emails. .
- There is a lack of essential sales training and constant evaluation of each employee.
- An Internet Director leaves your dealership, taking his customers, staff, and process with him/her.
- Internet sales reports do not show accurate E-Commerce sales numbers. What are your true Internet Sales percentages?
- Dealerships spend careless money on additional leads, search engine placement, and/or a new CRM when, in actuality, all that is lacking is a proven process, sales training, and staff accountability.
- The Internet Director’s time is wasted. Your Internet Director’s time is best spent selling cars and assisting employees in selling.
Do any of these issues sound familiar to you? Turning your back on the tremendous revenues that an Internet department can bring is a sure way to lose your place in today’s competitive market. In 2008, the Internet is a substantial part of any dealership’s bottom line profit.
I am always looking for interesting dialogue regarding dealerships and how they are working to Drive Sales!
Automotive Internet Management, Inc.